- Log onto your server and go to the root directory. Look for the wp-config.php file and open it up for editing:
- Before you make any changes, be sure to carefully copy the code and paste it into a Notepad file, as a backup copy in case you mess something up.
- Write the line of code define(‘CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS’, false); at the bottom of the file, just above where it indicates to “stop editing,” which you will probably see between a set of /* …….. */ marks, which are programming comments. Don’t forget to include the little semi-colon!
Here is how you should proceed:
- Save and close your file, then log back into your Dashboard to check if the visual editor shows up.
If you can’t see the Visual Editor in specific browser or computer, the problem is related to your browser.
This is most likely due to a browser cache. Refresh the page with the following hotkey combinations:
- Windows: CTRL + F5
- Mac/Apple: Apple+R or command + R
- Linux: F5
Make sure to let the page load completely before starting editing.
- Author:Celine Jade