This Plugin allows WordPress to authenticate, authorize, create and update users against an Active Directory Domain.
It is very easy to set up. Just activate the plugin, type in a domain controller, and you’re done. But there are many more Features:
- authenticate against more than one AD Server
- authorize users by Active Directory group memberships
- auto create and update users that can authenticate against AD
- mapping of AD groups to WordPress roles
- use TLS (or LDAPS) for secure communication to AD Servers (recommended)
- use non standard port for communication to AD Servers
- protection against brute force attacks
- user and/or admin e-mail notification on failed login attempts
- multi-language support (English, German, Norwegian and Belorussian included)
- determine WP display name from AD attributes (sAMAccountName, displayName, description, SN, CN, givenName or mail)
- setting of user meta data to any possible AD attribute
- show selected AD attributes (see above) in user profile
- tool for testing with detailed debug informations
- enable/disable password changes for local (non AD) WP users
- set users local WordPress password on first and/or on every successfull login
- WordPress 3 compatibility, including Multisite (work in progress)
- SyncBack – write changed "Additional User Attributes" back to Active Directory if you want.
- Bulk Import – import and update users from Active Directory, for example by cron job.
- Support for multiple account suffixes.
- Using LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT (default 5 seconds) to fall back to local authorization when your Active Directory Server is unreachable.
- Bulk SyncBack to manually write all "Additional User Attributes" back to Active Directory.
- Disable user accounts in WordPress if they are disabled in Active Directory.
- Option to disable fallback to local (WordPress) authentication.
- NEW Support for large groups (>1000 user) in Bulk Import with PHP 5.4.0 and above.
The latest major release 1.1 was sponsored by VARA. Many thanks to Bas Ruijters.
- WordPress since 3.0
- PHP 5
- LDAP support
- OpenSSL Support for TLS (recommended)
- Server settings
- User specific settings
- Settings for authorization
- Security related stuff
- User Meta settings
- Bulk Import settings
- Test Tool
- Sample output of the Test Tool
- User Profile Page with additional informations from Active Directory (see User Meta)
- List of user with status information (ADI User, disabled)